Community Association Law
In addition to a wide array of residential and commercial real estate matters as well as real estate litigation, Smith Bigman Brock has a team of attorneys and staff committed to our community association clients, whether condominium associations, homeowners associations, business associations, property associations, individual homeowners, or developers. Working with our team provides our association clients the ability to easily communicate with both staff members and attorneys to obtain prompt information and guidance.
Our attorneys cover the entire spectrum of legal issues regarding community associations. Although the legal matters that arise in any community association are countless, the following are a few of the typical services provided by our team of knowledgeable attorneys and staff:
- Collection of past due assessments including tenant demands
- Interpretation and enforcement of governing documents such as the Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations
- Compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, court rulings, and administrative decisions
- Advising the Board of Directors on day-to-day operational, fiscal, and practical issues such as drafting and reviewing contracts for management, maintenance, repair, construction, budgets, special assessments, reserves
- Advising on developer transition to owner control
- Amendments to association governing documents
- Arbitration and pre-litigation mediations as well as litigation of lien foreclosures, tenant evictions, covenant enforcement litigation, contract litigation and more
In working with our firm, our clients find a team that is dedicated to providing access to efficient, effective, and economical representation of the highest quality. Association clients need legal representation from attorneys that understand the unique needs of community association operations not only from a legal perspective but also from a practical hands on perspective. Our association attorneys offer both, having served on community association boards themselves and having worked with numerous associations of varying sizes and locations throughout Florida.
As a result of our extensive work in association law, our attorneys have a particular understanding of the budgeting needs of community associations and offer a variety of fee structures to allow our clients to properly allocate and budget on an annual basis.
If your current or ongoing legal concerns involve community association matters in the Volusia and Flagler County or surrounding areas, we will welcome your call or email and will provide a personalized attorney consultation. Simply call 386-254-6875 or send an online inquiry today to learn more about our services.