Accomplished. Established. Respected.
Karen E. Nora
- Real Estate
- Business Law
Karen Nora is an associate attorney working with our Real Estate practice group at Smith Bigman Brock. She graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science in 1981 and earned her Juris Doctorate in 1995 from Nova Southeastern University School of Law. She worked as a title processor and closer for several years nearly a decade before taking a position as an associate attorney for a law firm in Northport, New York. After working as a real estate attorney for two years, she became a partner in a Huntington, New York, firm where she continued to practice real estate law, and civil litigation. After twenty two years of private practice in real estate and civil litigation, Ms. Nora worked as a title examiner for a firm in Rutland, Vermont, for approximately one year and then relocated to Florida, joining our real estate practice group.
Ms. Nora's extensive real estate experience representing clients in residential and commercial mortgage transactions, sales, purchases, refinances, leasing of commercial and residential real estate properties, as well as foreclosure and condemnation, landlord/tenant litigation, and all manners of civil litigation, serve to compliment and enhance the services our real estate pratice group can provide you our clients moving forward.
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 1995
- Honors: cum laude
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Communication
Classes & Seminars
- Business Law, Briarcliff College, 2015 to 2015
- Smyth Nora LLP, Partner, 2000 to 2019
- Certilman Balin Adler & Hyman LLP , Attorney, 2019 to 2020
- Volusia County Bar Association , Member, 2022 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Florida, 1995
- New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1999