Accomplished. Established. Respected.
Sarah L. Metz
- General Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate and Business Law
- Employment Law
- Florida Condominium Association Law
- Florida Homeowners Association Law
- Real Property Litigation
Sarah L. Metz has been with Smith Bigman Brock since 2013. Ms. Metz, along with Mr. Ganz, manages the firm’s business and property litigation practice group and focuses on business, commercial, and real property litigation and pre-litigation matters. Ms. Metz is an experienced advocate in the courtroom as well as an advisor to her clients in all aspects of business from practical day to day management to extraordinary circumstances that lead to litigation. Her work encompasses contract disputes between individuals and companies, joint venture issues, employer/employee disputes, discrimination claims and defenses, residential and commercial landlord/tenant issues, condominium and homeowners association matters, foreclosures, and more. Ms. Metz practices regularly in both state and federal courts in Florida.
Prior to joining Smith Bigman Brock, Ms. Metz focused her work primarily in the area of international trade and customs law litigation at a boutique firm in Tallahassee, Florida. She earned her juris doctorate from Florida State University College of Law in 2011 having concentrated her studies on international law and trial work. She honed her trial advocacy skills as a Florida Supreme Court certified legal intern with the 2nd Circuit State Attorney’s office and through her participation in state and national mock trial and moot court competitions.
Ms. Metz is dedicated to working with her clients to achieve the best possible outcome for them in each case by counseling them on all their options and skillfully advocating on their behalf whether in negotiating a settlement or arguing in court.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- University of Mississippi
- Major: English and Political Science
- The Mooney Law Firm, Of Counsel, 2012 to 2012
- Sheriff's Youth Foundation, Board of Directors, 2020 to Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, President, 2017 to 2018
- Volusia County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2014 to 2018
- Daytona Beach West Rotary, Board of Directors, 2016 to Present
- Daytona Beach West Rotary, Member, 2015 to Present
- Daytona Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2013 to Present
- Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, Member, 2014 to 2016
- Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, Board of Directors, 2014 to 2016
- Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, Co-Chair, Community Service Committee, 2014 to 2016
Current Employment Position
- Florida, 2011
- Mississippi, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2014