Smith Bigman Brock, an established, AV-Rated Law Firm in Daytona Beach, has an immediate, full-time position for an experienced, trial attorney in our growing insurance practice group. This position is open only to candidates with first chair trial experience. The ideal candidate will have experience defending personal injury actions from case inception through trial. We provide our employees with an awesome work environment, excellent compensation, and full benefits package.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies
- Prepare and draft legal documents on behalf of clients
- Negotiate settlements for legal disputes
- Comply with all legal standards and regulations
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law
- Previous first chair trial experience
- Insurance defense law practice experience
- Strong working knowledge of Florida and Federal civil practice
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research, writing and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with close attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Perfect Law, AIM, or similar case management software;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with attorneys, clients, professional staff and peers; and
- Familiarity with Florida and Federal rules of civil procedure, court deadlines, civil filing procedures and e-filing.
At Smith Bigman Brock we are proud of our commitment to excellence in all that we do! If you have what it takes, don’t miss this opportunity to join our team and grow with us.
Mail resumes to:
SMITH BIGMAN BROCK
Attn: E. Dawn Kowalski, CLM
P.O. Box 15200
Daytona Beach FL 32118
Fax to: 386-257-1834
Email to: [email protected]