Accomplished. Established. Respected.
Jeffrey S. Berman
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Home Defense
- Automobile Negligence Defense
- Personal Injury
- Bad Faith Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
Jeffrey S. Berman is an associate attorney in the Insurance Defense practice group at Smith Bigman Brock. Originally working in the information technology sector, Mr. Berman graduated cum laude from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 2010.
Prior to obtaining his J.D., Mr. Berman received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he majored in Political Science and minored in Legal Studies, Sociology, American Studies, and Psychology. After graduation from law school, Mr. Berman joined the Department of Justice first managing an information technology team and then as a Special Assistant United States Attorney.
After several years at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Cleveland, Ohio, Mr. Berman moved to California where he joined a large litigation defense firm. His practice focused on responding to government investigations and document and data heavy class actions in the financial and employment spheres. In 2016, Mr. Berman moved to Daytona Beach and prosecuted cases on behalf of the State of Florida with the State Attorney's Office. He then joined a Daytona firm in early 2018 where he focused on insurance defense, corporate, and general civil litigation. In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Berman has tried multiple jury and non-jury cases with the Sate and his prior firms.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Juris Doctor - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2006
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, Member, 2017 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Florida, 2017
- California, 2015
- Minnesota, 2013
- Ohio, 2010
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2018
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2019