Adam Campbell is an associate attorney litigating cases primarily in the area of insurance law, including insurance defense, insurance coverage litigation, and bad faith. Prior to joining the team at Smith Bigman Brock, P.A., Adam worked as a staff attorney for Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, where he practiced mainly in insurance defense. Adam served as a law clerk for Progressive prior to graduating law school, and transitioned to becoming a full time staff attorney upon becoming a member of the Florida Bar.
Adam graduated with honors from Stetson University College of Law in 2016. During law school, Adam participated in the Florida Supreme Court Internship Program for Distinguished Florida Law Students, where he functioned as a law clerk to Justice James E.C. Perry. Adam was responsible for reviewing petitions for discretionary review and making recommendations as to whether jurisdiction existed, conducting extensive legal research, preparing legal memoranda on pending cases, attending oral arguments, discussing cases with staff attorneys and Justice Perry, and assisting in the drafting of opinions. In addition to the Florida Supreme Court Internship Program, Adam also interned with the U.S. Department of Justice and Florida State Attorney's Office.
Prior to law school, Adam graduated with honors from Marshall University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Affairs. During undergrad, Adam spent a semester in Argentina where he became fluent in Spanish. After college, Adam began working for a small law firm in Charleston, West Virginia, as a paralegal. His experience as a paralegal inspired him to attend law school. During law school, Adam worked full and part time as a paralegal and law clerk for a small law firm specializing in probate litigation, real estate transactions and estate planning.
- Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2021
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 05/2016
- Honors: cum laude
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 12/2010
- Honors: cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Dean's List, Honor Roll
- Highest Grade Award, Dorothea Beane Civil Procedure
- Cacciatore Scholarship in Advocacy
- Floyd W. Murray Scholarship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member, 2018 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, Staff Attorney, 2016 to 2018